Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


This week is one of those weeks I'm thankful for a freezer stocked with meals. We're leaving for Florida next Tuesday, and I'm trying to organize a birthday party for Tinkerbell for a couple of days after our return. Of course, I had to make time to attend the Beth Moore simulcast this weekend, so there's really not much time for cooking. :)

Yesterday morning, I realized we were going to be at church later in the afternoon than usual, so I pulled the Maple Glazed Chicken out of the freezer and stuck it in the crockpot as we were headed out the door. As we were headed home at 1:15 with hungry, tired kids, I wondered out loud if the chicken would be ready, so Joel suggested we grab some Qdoba. I readily agreed, but when we got home the sauce on the chicken was a bit overcooked. :( The recipe wasn't for the crockpot, and my experiment didn't turn out as beautifully as I had hoped. This evening, however, we shredded the chicken, added some bbq sauce and put it on top of a salad--and it turned out quite good--lucky save!

Anyway, here's the rest of the plan for the week--minus any catastrophes!

Monday--bbq chicken salad
Tuesday--four cheese Italian minestrone with bread
Wednesday--spaghetti pie
Thursday--church gathering
Friday--stir fry with fruit
Saturday--steak--if I can convince Joel to grill :)

For other great menu plans, be sure to check out orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment