Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

The first menu for 2011!  This time of year I love soups and I'd have them a couple of times a week, except for the fact that some of the other members of my family don't love them quite as much as I do.  So, although I have three or four soup recipes that sound really yummy right now, I'm using all of my self-control and limiting myself to one soup dinner this week.  What's your favorite soup recipe?

Monday:  Meatballs
Tuesday:  Vegetable Bean Soup
Wednesday:  Spaghetti Pie
Thursday: Roast
Friday: Beef Sandwiches

Vegetable Bean Soup
3 cans great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups water
2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg.  (16 oz) frozen corn
1 can crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 bay leaves
1cup shredded cheddar cheese

In Dutch oven, combine the first 13 ingredients.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Discard bay leaves.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Yield: 12 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment