Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

Well, I haven't posted our weekly menu for a couple of weeks; our summer schedule has been somewhat busier than I expected.  I'm learning that I really need to season my expectations with a measure of reality, which is unreasonably difficult for me to manage.  :)

On the menu this week, we have:
Monday--Tacos
Tuesday--Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken
Wednesday--Meatloaf
Thursday--Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Friday--Pizza
Saturday--Eating out
Sunday--Blueberry Pancakes and eggs

Here's one of our favorite pancake recipes:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2  tsp.  baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

1 large egg, fork-beaten
1 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
2 cups buttermilk

Stir first 6 ingredients together in bowl.

Add remaining ingredients.  Stir just to moisten.  Add a bit more milk if needed for a thinner pancake.    Makes 14 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment