Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekending


We started out the weekend on Friday with the second grade history banquet at Gloria Deo. Grandma helped with Augustus Caesar's costume. I am always impressed with the presentations given by these students. They do such an amazing job!!

Saturday, little Tinkerbell's cold worsened and the weather was cold and dreary, so we stayed indoors for most of the day, giving me a chance to make these wonderful mini apple pies.

They took a little bit of time to make, but they were yummy! I had never used sucanat before, and I would assume you could just substitute brown sugar. I liked the rich, molasses flavor the sucanat added. The whole wheat crusts were not as tender as a pastry crust made from white flour, but I enjoyed the texture and liked serving the kids something sweet that was more nutritious.




No comments:

Post a Comment