Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 11

Recently during a Wednesday night service at church, the speaker emphasized how our minds control our lives: "When you know who you are," he remarked, "you know what to do."  During his message, he referenced this verse:

Romans 8:6
To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

I want my actions and reactions to flow out of the life and peace of the Spirit.   The Father graciously endows his children with life and peace and not merely in a theoretical sense but in practical ways as well.  As I meditate on this Scripture, I'm praying that the life and peace of the Spirit will characterize my life to a greater degree and become more and more evident in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment